Which one is the best WordPress page builder?
First of all, it is good to point out what WordPress is to understand what Page Builders are and what they are for.
WordPress is the most widespread management system for websites and their respective contents in the world, especially for its easy and intuitive functions for creating websites, in fact over 30% of existing websites have been created with WordPress (data of 2018, this percentage increases from year to year as proof of the ease with which you can create a site using this platform).
A Page Builder or website builder is nothing more than a website builder, or rather, a visual composer of web pages.
The most modern WordPress Page Builders use a “Drag & Drop” system, or “Drag & Drop”. By simply dragging and dropping the blocks, the Page Builder will allow you to have an immediate visual result, to modify the graphics and contents of your website very easily.
Precisely for this reason, Page Builders have become the most used and most famous tools in the field of creating and managing sites and web pages. Thanks to their implementation, even the less experienced can easily create and manage websites and web pages with ease.
Best Page Builders for WordPress: top 6
Now I will give you a brief presentation and review of the best 6 WordPress Page Builders on the market, selected based on the factors most relevant to me and the community: page creation speed, features, available widgets, ease of use, and price.
1. Elementor (best page builder)
Elementor (here the official site) is the best WordPress Page Builder on the market. Launched in 2016, it quickly climbed the rankings of management tools and web page creation, becoming in no time the most famous and most used Page Builder in the world.
To explore and familiarizing yourself with this Page Builder, you can download its free version, which already offers many prominent features, and then maybe upgrade to Elementor Pro in the future to get the most out of this tool.
Elementor is truly fantastic and offers countless benefits, including:
- It is extremely intuitive and easy to use. In my experience, I see that new users learn to use it easily even in a single day.
- It allows you to create responsive pages that are optimized for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices at the same time.
- It includes hundreds of pre-built and ready-to-use layouts and templates. This means that if you find a template that suits your needs, you can create a page with one click.
- All templates are reusable: this means that you can easily save and reuse the blocks and pages you create over and over again, without having to build them from scratch every time. With the import/export function, you can also transfer a template from one site to another extremely quickly.
2. Divi Builder
Divi (here the official website) was the first Page Builder for WordPress to offer simple and intuitive solutions to allow even the less experienced to manage and create pages and websites in a short time and with extreme ease. Divi was founded in 2009 by the Elegant themes house and today has about 700,000 active customers.
Divi is a powerful and feature-rich WordPress Page Builder that makes it perfect for creating and managing e-commerce websites, showcase sites, landing pages, e-learning platforms, and any other type of website and web page.
In addition to being a Page Builder, Divi is also a WordPress theme, highly customizable, modern, and graphically appealing. The package you find on this page offers both the theme and the Page Builder in a single license.
There are many advantages of Divi, but I have selected the most important for you:
- The page builder (Divi Builder) and the theme are included in the same license.
- The license also includes the plugins “Monarch” (for sharing on social media) and “Bloom” (for lead generation), really very useful and comfortable.
- There are many ready-to-use graphic templates and layouts (over 700)
- The “split testing” function on each element of the pages is interesting, with which you can check which graphic or copy solutions are most effective in attracting clicks, interactions, and increasing sales.
3. WPBakery Page Builder
Another important WordPress Page Builder is WPBakery Page Builder is another awesome WordPress page builder which you might like. The latter was the protagonist of a rebranding work: the old Visual Composer took the name of WPBakery Page Builder, while the same developers created a completely new product under the name of Visual Composer, which we will discuss later.
WPBakery Page Builder, in its latest version (which you can find here), is extremely improved compared to the past in terms of intuitiveness of use and features provided.
Also on WPBakery Page Builder, we can create headers and footers, also they equip the interface with many blocks, pre-set modules, templates, and many layouts available. To understand how it works, you can try the free version of WPBakery Page Builder.
The strengths of WPBakery Page Builder are different; I list below the most important, and those that I think are most relevant to start an online project:
- It is easily integrated with WooCommerce
- You can expand its functionality with add-ons
- It offers several ready-to-use templates and blocks
- Provides a wide range of interface customization options
- You can find even more details on this page builder for WordPress in this article, while in the following image you can see a preview of the prices and packages offered:
- It must also be said that WPBakery Page Builder is sometimes found integrated into some WordPress themes available on Theme Forest. So by purchasing the theme on Theme Forest you will also receive the license for WPBakery Page Builder for free, without having to purchase it separately. This is true for example for the beautiful NewsPaper theme.
Visual Composer is nothing more than a much more advanced version, and with many more specific functions (you can find it by clicking here) than WPBakery Page Builder. The development team of the two tools is the same.
It significantly improves visual Composer in several aspects compared to the past, having implemented many functions in a powerful graphic interface that can be used via Drag & Drop.
This WordPress page builder is perfect for any type of project. It is useful in the creation of websites but also showcases sites, e-commerce, and landing pages. It also offers a free version with reduced functionality of its tool, just like Elementor does.
Here are all the strengths of the latest version of Visual Composer:
- The free version is also available, which can be downloaded directly from the “plugin” section within WordPress, or this page
- The Visual Composer Page Builder interface has been developed with an elegant and cutting-edge design without hindering intuitiveness and ease of use.
- Finally, the “site builder” functionality is available, that is, all parts of your website or blog can be customized thanks to Visual Composer.
- There is the possibility to save the preset of the constructed elements, lines, sections as templates to be used later.
- This Page Builder has a huge library of elements and templates available, convenient to give space to your imagination.
- Find a review on Visual Composer at this link. As for the prices of the page builder, you can find them in the image below, or on the official website.
- Ultimately, I have the impression that the latest version of Visual Composer has come very close to Elementor, both in terms of functionality and pricing model.
- I still consider Elementor Pro superior to its competitor, but I must admit that Visual Composer has managed to do a great job, greatly reducing the disadvantage it had previously accumulated, and proposing itself as a complete and cutting-edge Page Builder.
Thrive Architect (here the official site) is a new WordPress Page Builder and is one of the most complete due to its constant updates. It has all the features to create a professional landing page, but not only: even more complex websites and web projects.
Thrive Architect allows you to control every aspect of the web page you are working on and has a huge amount of templates, elements, and widgets ready to insert into blocks to quickly build your site.
The advantages of Thrive Architect are many and I, as I have done so far, list the most important ones below:
- Many free practical and theoretical tutorials on topics such as marketing, landing page creation, and sales pages available for users who purchase the license.
- 327 sales page templates ready for use.
- Great focus on lead generation: the options and solutions offered by Thrive Architect to help you capture user emails, e6. Beaver Builder.
- Last (but not least) on my list of the best WordPress Page Builders is Beaver Builder. This is a WordPress plugin that allows you to create web pages thanks to a customized interface and Drag & Drop of the elements.